Thursday 23 April 2015

A long silence

I can't actually believe that it's been 8 MONTHS since my last blog post.
Where did the time go!?

It has been a challenging few months with much sadness.
My father passed away a few weeks ago after a long and difficult illness.
We were very close and I will miss him terribly. My heart will never be whole again.
I take comfort in the fact that he is no longer suffering physically, and will hold all the special memories we have together close to my heart.

 
A special moment captured... first game of Chess with his beloved Papa.

A deep love shared between a grandson and his 'Papa'.
 My husband took this very beautiful and moving photograph of my dad with our son a few weeks before he passed. You can feel the love...
 
 
 
Comforting words in this poem by Mary Elizabeth Frye

   A Thousand Winds

    Do not stand at my grave and weep.
    I am not there. I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow.
    I am the diamond glints on snow.
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the morning’s hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry;
    I am not there. I did not die.


Rest in Peace Dad.
You will be with me always.


4 comments:

  1. Your words are beautiful and both these photos so poignant. Your boy will treasure them as he gets older.
    Lots of love to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry for you loss .. hope you feel slowly better ..

    ReplyDelete